The Good News is that Jesus is risen from the dead!
All Saints: Repairs and Improvements
As planned, we were able to submit our big bid to the National Lottery Heritage Fund calling our project “Tower of Strength” to emphasise the iconic nature of our special building. We will not hear the result until November, meanwhile we shall continue to apply to other charities for all the help we can get. Since I last wrote to you we have received another £4,500 which came from the Headley Trust/Sainsbury Family Trusts.
Carrying on with local fund-raising we have these initiatives on the way or recently completed:
- Co-op Community Token scheme – kind shoppers have been putting their green counters in the appropriate “Friends of All Saints” box.
- The Marenzio Singers raised nearly £800 with their July concert and tea party for the project – thank you everyone who sang or attended.
Your support and enthusiasm for what we are trying to do is invaluable; please continue to pray, think and work for our shared common goals, with every good wish, on behalf the All Saints’ Project Group,
Elizabeth Foss-Smith 07899 776 620.
Latest Phase of Redevelopment at St James’
We have reported before about the plans for All Saints’ Church but we have still to finish the redevelopment of St James’ Church.
A group has been working on ideas for a little while and these first thoughts were outlined in a presentation to the congregation just before the recent annual meeting. It’s an opportunity for people to give their views.
The main purposes of this phase of redevelopment will be to:
• Provide storage facilities
• Make proper space for meetings, Sunday School and other youth groups
• Create a place for quiet reflection and prayer
• Provide an electronic organ
• Develop up-to-date audio visual/ facilities
• Make better, larger office facilities
• Sort out the heating system
More details will follow in the near future!
Holy Mowers and All Saints Churchyard:
A warm welcome from our very friendly group awaits you. If you want to join the Holy Mowers, just turn up at 10.00 at All Saints any Thursday or ring Sheila Crow on 01206 306574 or 07944 108624
If you wish to hire St James please contact the church Administrator at the Parish Office (in St James) on 01206 30 23 78 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org The rate of hire is £15.00 per hour